Purchasing a breast pump can seem complicated, especially if you are a new mother. All mothers agree that a breast pump must be efficient, easy to use, easy to keep clean, easy to transport, and as comfortable to use as possible. When it comes to breast pumps, a handful of products make the grade and the Ameda Purely Yours is one of those products.
Ameda Purely Yours – Product Description
Ameda has been in the business of producing high quality baby care products for years. The Ameda Purely Yours breast pump is one of the best choices available. This breast pump is a double electric closed system that can be used as a single or double pump. The unique Airlock protection keeps bacteria, mold, and viruses away from baby. The unit will run on batteries and is very portable, perfect for moms on the go.
Purely Yours has all the features found in comparable breast pump systems and a few unique features that make it stand out.
- Works as both a single and a dual pump
- 32 customizable settings for complete control and multiphase pumping
- 2 bottle holders
- Hygienikit milk collection system with Airlock protection
- No DEHP or BPA
- Uses 6 AA batteries and the included AC adapter
- 2 – 25.0 mm flanges
- Bottles have universal threads and lock tight lids
- Microfiber carry all bag
The 32 customizable settings are great because it allows you to get a perfect suction, this is important because everyone is unique. The Hygienikit with Airlock protection ensures that your milk is perfectly sanitary, free from mold, viruses, and bacteria. The single/dual option is great for those who want to pump and feed at the same time, just use the adapter to switch from dual to single. All of the necessary essential fit perfectly into the light weight microfiber carry all bag.
Details & Specs
- The Ameda Purely Yours weighs only 5 pounds
- 14 x 7.8 x 11.6 inches, perfect for travel
- 0 mm flanges can be switched out for different sizes (different sizes are not included in the package)
- 1 year warranty
Pros & Cons
- Lightweight and portable
- 32 different settings
- Hygeinikit with Airlock protection
- Carry all microfiber bag
- Good price
- It takes time to find the perfect setting that works for you
- Does not have good suction if the flanges are not a good size for you
- Uses up batteries quickly and this reduces suction
- Loud when in use
Ameda Purely Yours is a great pump that works wonderful once you achieve the perfect settings and have the right size flanges. If you don’t want to take the time to go through the settings and find your best speed and suction, this is not the pump for you. For most, the ability to adjust and customize the speed and suction makes this pump a great choice.
While this pump gets an excellent review for customizability, portability, hygienic features, and the carry bag, there are some drawbacks. The drawbacks are not really problems with design or features, the problem for some is learning what works best. The batteries do run out quickly and the unit can be loud, but breast pumps that run on batteries will go through them quick and most pumps do make a bit of noise.